Hackney Learning Trust’s Family Learning team works to enhance the quality of life for families in Hackney by creating opportunities and activities for them to learn together.
Family Learning programmes are co–ordinated by the Family Learning team. We have a dedicated team of qualified tutors who can deliver a range of courses in schools, children’s centre, and community organisations.
We can also support you if your organisation or project has an innovative programme that addresses a local need and corresponds with the Family Learning criteria.
There are two strands of Family Learning that you could apply for:
Wider Family Learning (WFL)
WFL programmes aim to:
WFL courses designed to support different generations of family members to learn together.
- develop the skills or knowledge of both adult and child participants
- enable parents/carers to be more active in the support of their children’s learning and development and to understand the impact of that support.
- provide information and communication technology (ICT) courses
Family English, Maths and Language (FEML)
FEML programmes aim to:
FEML courses are designed for parents/carers with Basic Skills needs and include programmes for families where English is not the primary language at home.
- improve the English, Maths and language skills of parents/carers
- improve children’s acquisition of English, Maths and language skills
If you are interested in applying for Family Learning funding, please contact Cynthia Oliver, the Acting Family Learning Curriculum Manager, on 020 8820 7463.