If you would like to share specific information about your experiences with our courses or services, please use our Feedback Form
How services have changed
You said: ESOL learners requested courses that would help them improve their Maths skills whilst learning English.
We did: An ESOL with Maths course was piloted successfully, and two more courses have been commissioned to run this academic year.
You said: Many IAG clients enquired about business start-up and self-employment opportunities.
We did: We entered into discussions with community providers about delivering a business start-up course, which resulted in an 8-week pilot course being run with a new provider. This pilot was successful and a further course has been commissioned this academic year.
You said: ICT learners expressed an interest in learning how to launch an online business.
We did: Courses were piloted successfully and are now part of mainstream provision. Learners involved have succeeded in setting up online businesses in catering, ceramics and music production.
You said: Learners taking part in informal Digital Storytelling workshops requested to spend more time focusing on oral history / family history skills in order to record other people’s memories, especially family members. In particular, this was raised by learners who were carers.
We did: We are currently researching funding options to run this type of provision, with a view to being able to run pilot courses this academic year.
You said: Hair braiding workshops proved very popular during the annual Family Learning Festival, and learners wanted to take part in a longer course.
We did: A course has been developed with the learning provider and will be on offer this academic year.
Complaints and compliments
Send us your complaints or compliments:
- in writing
- by fax
- by e-mail
- in person by appointment.
Head of Adult Learning Services
Hackney Learning Trust
1 Reading Lane, London E8 1GQ
T. 020 8820 7339
What happens next?
- We will reply in 15 working days when we get your complaint
- If you complaint requires more detailed investigation, this may take longer. We will keep you updated on the process and let you know when you can expect the full reply.
- The full reply will include details of who to contact next if you believe we have not dealt with your complaint properly
- If you are still not satisfied, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to the Head of Hackney Learning Trust
- You can get extra advice on this procedure from our Complaints Officer on 020 8820 7036
Complaints about exams
If your complaint is about exams, you must contact the exam board through the Joint Council for Qualifications.