Family support services
Families with children under five will receive a visit from a member of the children’s centre multi-disciplinary team. This team will help with any problems. The team includes Family Support Workers, Health Visitors, Nursery Nurses, Portage Workers and Social Workers.
There are parenting classes for all parents, new parents, or parents with many children.
These parenting programmes:
- support stressed or isolated parents;
- support families where there is domestic violence or substance misuse;
- support families when they arrive in Hackney from another borough, are asylum seekers or refugees;
- support teenage parents;
- support fathers to be involved with their child from pregnancy;
- give advice and information about accident prevention;
- give financial advice on benefits or debts; and
- help parents to support their child’s learning.
The Hackney Family Information Service (FIS) has produced an information leaflet which gives details about the full range of parenting support services available.
Hackney Council provides a comprehensive online database of local community services in Hackney, including services for children, young people and families.