What is this consultation about?
We want to know what you think about the admission arrangements for schools in Hackney for the academic year starting in September 2019 and finishing in July 2020.
The proposed admission arrangements are available to read and download/print at the bottom of this page.
The admission arrangements include:
- how Hackney Learning Trust will manage applications for Reception, Year 7 and In Year admissions (the “schemes of coordination”)
- the admission numbers for schools in Hackney i.e. how many places each school will offer
- how schools figure out who has priority for school places (the “oversubscription criteria”)
For a paper copy of the arrangements please email David.Court@learningtrust.co.uk or phone 020 8820 7402.
When is the consultation?
The consultation is open from Monday 11 December 2017 until Friday 26 January 2018.
If you want to give your views you must submit your response during this period.
NOTE: The consultation for The Olive School Hackney will run from 20 December until 31 January 2018. The proposed admission arrangements will be available on this webpage from 20 December 2017 onward.
Who is involved in the consultation?
The ‘admissions authority’ of each school must consult the following groups:
- parents of children between the ages of 2 and 18
- other persons in the area who have an interest in the proposed arrangements
- all other admission authorities within the local area
- the local authority (Hackney Learning Trust)
- any adjoining neighbouring local authorities
- any local faith organisation (if a faith school)
Hackney Learning Trust is the admission authority for all community schools in Hackney. For voluntary aided schools (religious schools) the admission authority is the governing body. For academies and free schools the academy trust (proprietor) is the admission authority.
The schools that are consulting on their admission arrangements are listed below – including a brief comment about the proposed changes. The proposed admission arrangements are available to read and download/print at the bottom of this page.
How do I give my feedback?
Please email you comments regarding Hackney Learning Trust admission arrangements i.e. regarding community schools and the schemes of coordination to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments about voluntary aided schools, academies and free schools should be submitted to the school directly.
There will be a public drop-in session on Thursday 4 January 2018 from 5pm to 6 pm at Hackney Learning Trust, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ.
What are the changes?
Hackney Community Schools
There are no changes proposed by Hackney Learning Trust on the following arrangements but you can still make comments.
- the schemes of coordination for Reception, Year 7 and In Year admissions
- the oversubscription criteria for community schools
- the PAN (published admission number) for community schools
Access the proposed arrangements at the bottom of this page. For a paper copy of the arrangements please email David.Court@learningtrust.co.uk or phone 020 8820 7402.
Religious Schools and Academies
The following voluntary aided schools/academies are proposing changes to their admission arrangements. A summary of the main changes are shown beside the school name:
- The City of London Academy Shoreditch Park – increased priority for children of staff
- Mossbourne Community Academy – priority for entry to the 6th form for children who attend Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy
- Carindal Pole Catholic School – changes to the definition of Catholic & Christian applicants
- Our Lady’s Convent High School – changes to the definition of Catholic & Christian applicants and 6th form admission criteria
- Yesodey Hatorah Senior Girls School – changes to the age range of the school with significant impact for applicants in 2019
- Halley House School – reducing the number of places to 30
- St Scholastica Catholic Primary School - changes to the definition of Catholic & Christian applicants
- The Olive School Hackney – NOTE: The consultation for this school will run from 20 December until 31 January 2018. The proposed admission arrangements will be available on this webpage from 20 December 2017 onward
The proposed arrangements are below. For a paper copy of the arrangements please contact the school directly.