Your child can get a clothing grant if they are transferring from primary (Year 6) to secondary school (Year 7). To qualify, you must be a Hackney resident and getting one of the benefits below:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Child tax credit, and getting no more than £16,190 a year
- Working tax credit, getting no more than £16,190 a year
- Guarantee element of pension credit, or
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Universal Credit with a net earnings threshold of £15,400 a year
How to apply
Apply when you get the secondary school transfer letter/email with an offer from Hackney Learning Trust. Application should be made before 30 June. The clothing grant is still available for Year 7 pupils who have started secondary school from September 2017 and meet the eligibility criteria above.
How is the grant paid?
We pay the grant in £100 vouchers. These can only be exchanged for school clothing.