Family support services
Families with children under five will receive a visit from a member of the children’s centre multi-disciplinary team. This team will help with any problems. The team includes Family Support Workers, Health Visitors, Nursery Nurses, Portage Workers and Social Workers. Professionals wishing to refer a family to the Multi Agency Team (MAT) should complete the Early Help Referral Form and email it to MATcoordinator@learningtrust.co.uk.
There are parenting classes for all parents, new parents, or parents with many children.
These parenting programmes:
- support stressed or isolated parents;
- support families where there is domestic violence or substance misuse;
- support families when they arrive in Hackney from another borough, are asylum seekers or refugees;
- support teenage parents;
- support fathers to be involved with their child from pregnancy;
- give advice and information about accident prevention;
- give financial advice on benefits or debts; and
- help parents to support their child’s learning.
The Hackney Family Information Service (FIS) has produced an information leaflet which gives details about the full range of parenting support services available.
- Download the Parenting Programmes leaflet
Hackney Council provides a comprehensive online database of local community services in Hackney, including services for children, young people and families.
- Go to the Hackney Community Directory