Family support services
Families requiring support can be referred to the children’s centre multi-disciplinary team. This team will help with any problems. The team includes Family Support Workers, Health Visitors, Nursery Nurses, Portage Workers and Social Workers. If you would like to find out more about the support available, you can ask your Midwife, Health visitor or drop into your local children's centre. Professionals wishing to refer a family to the Multi Agency Team (MAT) should complete the Early Help Referral Form and email it to MATcoordinator@learningtrust.co.uk.
Parenting programmes are available that:
- support stressed or isolated parents;
- support families where there is domestic violence or substance misuse;
- support families when they arrive in Hackney from another borough, are asylum seekers or refugees;
- support teenage parents;
- support fathers to be involved with their child from pregnancy;
- give advice and information about accident prevention;
- give financial advice on benefits or debts; and
- help parents to support their child’s learning.
The Hackney Family Information Service (FIS) has produced an information leaflet which gives details about the full range of parenting support services available.
- Download the Parenting Programmes leaflet
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, we are expecting more parenting programmes to return, either online or in person, from September 2020. Information regarding parenting programmes will be updated on this page as we are notified.
Hackney Council provides a comprehensive online database of local community services in Hackney, including services for children, young people and families.
- Go to the Hackney Community Directory