Hackney Learning Trust has developed a proposal to form a Hackney Schools Group Board. These proposals will continue the positive improvements already evident in Hackney schools and will give all schools a greater voice in the local education system. Find out more about the Hackney Schools Group proposal
We are responsible for Hackney’s:
- children’s centres;
- schools and early years; and
- adult education.
In 2002, The Learning Trust was awarded a ten year contract to improve education services for Hackney Council. This was the first private, not-for-profit company in the UK to takeover a council’s entire education function. We are now a department in Hackney Council’s Children, Adults & Community Health Directorate.
Hackney is now seen as a borough with:
- rapid improvements in education;
- sustained achievements in education;
- best practice in education; and
- innovation in education.
The books "10 Years Transforming Education in Hackney" and "A Revolution in a Decade" tell the story of our achievements over the last 10 years.
We are supporting young people to achieve their lifelong opportunities, helping to raise achievement and aspiration so that every child experiences success and is helped to make a good start in life, regardless of:
- where they live;
- where they go to school; or
- their family background.
Our vision for the future in Hackney is:
- aspiring to remain a recognised provider of educational and professional development;
- achieving improved standards of education across all schools, nurseries, play and other services; and
- delivering a future education agenda that will attract education professionals and learners to Hackney.
Plans and policies
- Hackney Learning Trust Single Equality Scheme
- Education Property Handbook
- Good to Great Schools Policy